|Important Notes: You can use Clone to update your cart and make sure it works correctly before applying the updates in your live site. And after the updates work as expected, you need to replicate the steps for all the updating on the live site while in MTCE. If you can do the updating all in one session while LIVE site is in MTCE you can use Staging.|
|NOTE : Clone functionality is available only for a few scripts at the moment. We will be adding it to more scripts soon.
NOTE : Clone has been added in Softaculous 4.2.8
NOTE : Clone is not supported on Softaculous Remote at the moment.
Clone is supported for the scripts listed on the following page :
NOTE : If you have your site already installed manually. You will have to import it to Softaculous. Here is the guide How to Import an Installation
1. Login to Panel
- Go to your panel (e.g. cPanel’s url will be https://domain.com:2083) and login with your details.
- There click on the Softaculous Icon or Link.
- The Softaculous Enduser Panel will be displayed.
- Click Abantecart.
2. Choose the installation you want to Clone
- Click on the Clone icon next to the installation you wish to clone.
- The Clone page will appear with the current installation details and a form to fill in the details for the cloned installation.
3. Fill in the Clone Installation Details
- Fill in the clone installation details i.e. Choose domain, Directory, Database name, etc
- Click on the Clone Installation button and this should do the trick. The time taken may vary in accordance to size of your installation, So please be patient.
- That’s it !! You can now use this cloned installation to test the updates or any other changes you may want to test.
|NOTE : The admin/user account login details will be the same as the source installation.|