Using Google Maps or Google My Maps with WHY2’s Delivery Scheduler Extension – advantages it is free, most people know how to use Google Maps and live navigation takes into account traffic.
Simple steps, but you do have to do a little manual sorting if you have more than one driver or multiple delivery windows like AM and PM
Using WHY2’s Quick Grid Export to collect your delivery information into a spreadsheet.
Group your driver territories, if any.
Group your delivery address by time slots.
Only 10 at a time in Google Maps, but up to 2000 in Google My Maps.
Follow the below instructions to import from spreadsheet into Google Maps and share the results with the delivery driver.
1. By using WHY2 Quick Grid Export will help you save time on creating the list of the addresses that will be imported to Google My Maps.
2. You need to have a google account in order to use Google My Maps service.
3. You can upload up to 2000 lines of address at a time.
1. Open https://mymaps.google.com/ and Click the red button that says ‘Create a New Map’, name your map.
2. Click the “Import” to import the the addresses list.
3. Drag the xls or xlsx file and drop it here or click the “Select a file from your device” button to upload the file.
4. Select the “Address” column.
5. Click the Continue button.
6. Select the columns that you want to use as the marker title.
7. Click the Finish button.
8. Click the individual styles then click on the Group places by selectbox.
9. Click the Customer Name.
10. We can see that this will now be Styled by Customer Name. Almost every name got a different color for its placemark.
11. Click the placemark.
12. Click the direction to here button.
13. Click add directions.
14. Then click the place in order to create the route.
15. Click the Share button to share the map.
16. It will bring up Add name and description before sharing dialog box. Enter your desired map title here. e.g. Route Planner.
17. Enter the description.
18. Click OK button
19. Turn ON the Anyone with this link can view option.
20. Finally click the copy button and share the URL.