Once you have installed the integration you will see this page – or find it in your Admin Panel Extensions > AvaTax integration, select the Edit link on the far right side.
Next configure the fields with the information you received in your AvaTax account email.
1. Account Number – provided by Avalara.
2. License Key – provided by Avalara.
3. Service URL – Avalara service URL, refer to your setup email. For a production account it is usually https://avatax.avalara.net. It is important that your account number and license key match to the service URL that was established in your account startup.
4. Tax Name – name shown to customer in the storefront in order totals.
5. Company Code – the Code you created when setting up your company nexus in Avalara site. Please do not confuse with Company Name!
6. StoreZip/Postal code – Your store’s origin zip. To change State and Country please visit your AbanteCart Store’s settings.
7. Address Validation – recommended to enable validation. If customer fill incorrect address the warning message will appear during checkout before order submit.
8. Countries for address validation – This is controlled by your Avalara company account settings.
9. Product Default TaxCode – default value is set for P0000000 and is used if no taxcode provided with products. You can set taxcodes individually on product edit page Catalog > Products > Edit Product > AvaTax Integration. (add info to the instruction ) Note: If you have standard tax enabled, it will function together with AvaTax and you might need to disable standard AbanteCart taxes in System > Localization > Tax Class. Guests note: in order to apply taxes guests customers should enter address with zip code. It is not possible to identify tax if customer provide partial address information.
10. Shipping Methods Default TaxCodes – each installed shipping method is automatically added into the AvaTax settings page. Each shipping method can have a different code if desired. Click on the ? for the Avalara taxcodes, then select Freight category from the list. Find the correct service type, copy and paste the desired code into the field for the shipping method.
11. Commit documents on AvaTax – Recommended to set ON. If enabled, tax document will be committed at Specified order status.
12. Commit on Order status – Recommended to set in your integration settings Completed.
13. Cancel on Order status – When a get tax call is made, the transaction is saved on the AvaTax Admin Console as uncommitted.
Uncommitted transactions do not appear in AvaTax Admin Console reports or liability calculations.
Committing an invoice should be performed at whatever point an invoice will no longer need to be changed or modified in any way by your application.
14. Return documents on AvaTax – return will be recorded at specified order status.
15. Return on Order status – Set to Order status that will be used when cancelling an order.
16. Enable transaction logging – write all transaction logs to AbanteCart error log file System > Logs > Error log. Recommendation to enable when first starting integration to make any issues quicker to resolve.
17. Run Order – usually not needed. Is number to set display position order for this extensions in relations to other enabled extensions. (sorting is from lower to higher number, ignoring 0 and empty values)
18. SAVE – do this prior to testing.
19. Test Connection – you will receive a notification of success if you have used the correct company information in steps 1 – 5.
or a message as to the issue.
Adding taxcode to each product:On Admin dashboard – Catalog > Products – click on the edit icon for one product, click on the AvaTax integration tab
Next – find the correct tax code for your product. If you do not already know it, click on the Find Tax Code button to be taken to AvaTax codes.
Once you find the desired code, copy only the code number, then paste it into your product page. Save the page.