You will need to get an API key from Canada Post, even if you already have an shipping account.
Go to the Developer Program https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/drc/home?execution=e1s1
Click on Join Now if you don’t have an account. Or Sign in if you already have an account.
You will receive an email about your Developer Program Registration Log into your account and your API keys will be shown
1. Quick How-to.
2. Extension Manual URL Link Button.
3. Test Mode: Use this extension in test(On) or production mode(Off).
|Notes for number 4:
1. You don’t have to set Show Debug Info in System > Settings > System in order to get the API response.
2. The API response is shown in System > Logs > Error Logs.
3. Please send us the API response via our support system so we can look into it to trace the issue. You will need to turn OFF the Debug API Response once the issue is fixed, otherwise the error log will grow large.
4. Debug API response: Turn ON if you want to get the API response for debugging purpose.
|Note: Your Key number consists of your username and password. It is presented in this form Key Number (username : password).
5. Testing/Production Key Number Username: Insert your Canada Post Testing/Production Key Number Username here (number to left of : in your key).
6. Testing/Production Key Number Password: Insert your Canada Post Testing/Production Key Number Password here (number to right of : in your key).
7. Testing/Production Account Number: Insert the Canada Post Account Number here.
Account number is used to get special pricing, leave it blank for retail pricing.
8. Origin City: Enter the name of the origin city.
9. Origin Zip/Postal Code: Enter your origin zip/postal code.
10. Origin Country: Enter your (two letters) Country Name(Only for test credential purpose)
11. Test Your Connection: You can test if API credentials that you’ve entered are correct after you saved the credentials.
12. Domestic Services: Select your desired Domestic Canada Post Shipping Services.
|Notes for number 13-15: If you are offering Local Delivery Services AND using more than one shipper you must enable Local Delivery Services on only ONE shipper. e.g. you offer FedEx, UPS and Canada Post, and also Local Delivery – you must enable Local Delivery on only ONE shipper: FedEx, UPS or Canada Post.
|Notes for AbanteCart v1.2.16: If you are using Default Local Delivery extension, then do not use CanadaPost Integration Local Delivery as it will show double Local Delivery services. You can choose to use CanadaPost Integration Local Delivery but do not use Default Local Delivery. Use only ONE Local Delivery service.
13. Enter Zip/Postal Code(s) eligible to use Local Delivery Service: Use commas(,) without space as the multi Zip/Postal code(s) separator, and no spaces within the Zip/Postal code(s). To define areas use asterisk (*) replacement – eg K1A*, K2B*.
14. Local delivery fee: Enter the local delivery fee if you want to charge customer or leave blank if it is a free delivery.
15. Turn ON to show ONLY Local Delivery Services: Turn OFF if you want to show all shipping options including Local Delivery services.
16. Insert your desired text to be shown on cart page to let customers know about local delivery schedule or services: Insert your desired message.
|Notes for number 17, number 19 and number 21: If you are using more than ONE shipper and are offering any Free Shipping service, you must choose only ONE shipper for the Free Shipping. e.g. if using FedEx, UPS and Canada Post, Free Shipping can only be offered from one.
17. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free Shipping: Select your desired Domestic Canada Post Shipping Services for the free shipping.
18. USA Services: Select your desired USA Canada Post Shipping Services.
19. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free USA Shipping: Select your desired USA Canada Post Shipping Services for the free shipping.
20. International Services: Select your desired International Canada Post Shipping Service if you are selling worldwide.
21. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free International Shipping: Select your desired International Canada Post Shipping Services for the free shipping.
|Notes for number 21-23: Default is 5 x 5 x 5 which works for most business. You can input your normal size if different.
Also, input on a product page will be used for that individual product rate look up. (You need to input individual product size and turn on the Ship Product Individually flag on product page.)
22. Dimensions Length(Optional): Insert your Box Length here.
23. Dimensions Width(Optional): Insert your Box Width here.
24. Dimensions Height(Optional): Insert your Box Height here.
25. Max Box Weight (Optional): Specifies the maximum box size (Canada Post maximum weight is 30kg). Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
26. Display Weight: Do you want to display the shipping weight? (e.g. (Weight : 0.15lb) )
27. Tax Class: Choose your Tax Class.
28. Location: Choose your Zone.
|Notes: You can use additional fee or additional weight or you can use both if desired.
29. Additional Fee Type: Choose the type that you want to use for the additional Fee. Fixed amount or Rate Percentage based.
30. Additional Fee: Insert your desired Additional Fee value that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The rate is $5.00, your fixed additional fee is $3.00, the rate shown to customer is $8. Or if you’re using the percentage instead of fixed rate, and it is 10% from the rate, the rate will be $5.5. To use either fixed or percentage based additional fee, just enter the digits without the % or currency symbol.
31. Additional Weight: Insert your desired Additional weight that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The weight is 0.26lb, your additional weight is 0.50, the weight will be 0.76lb and not shown to customer
32. Declared Value: Do you want to Declare Package Value? Yes(On) or No(Off)
33. Declared Value Nominal: Enter the minimum nominal that will be used to enable the Declared Value. (If you leave it blank, it will use USD $100 by default)
34. Signature Option : Do you want to add Signature Option Fee? Yes(On) or No(Off).
The Signature Option is only applied to services where signature option is not included.
35. Signature Option Nominal: Enter the minimum cart total that will be used to add the Signature Option Fee. (Leave it blank if you don’t want to use minimum cart total as a threshold.)
36. Insert your desired text to be shown on cart page. This is to inform customer that the the actual rate will be calculated on the checkout page based on their shipping address.
Finally Click the Save button and Turn On the extension.