To obtain your Meter Number and Authorization Key, you will need to follow these steps:
Go to http://fedex.com/us/developer
Login in with FedEx username and password or click Register Now if you don’t have one.
Click on “FedEx Web Services”
Click on “Move To Production”
Scroll down to button and click “Get Production Key”.
On Question 1 choose “No” on Do you intend to resell your software?
On Question 2 check the first box “FedEx Web Services for Shipping“
On Question 3 Choose “Corporate Developer”
Click “Continue” button
Fill out the form (do not use dashes in the account number).
Receive meter number and key instantly. IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the sensitivity of this information, the production authentication key is not provided in the confirmation email. Please retain this information for your records. Your Production Password will be emailed to you once you complete the above steps.
This extension uses FedEx Address Validation Service to determine if customer address was Business or Residential address and fetch rate based on that. You need to call FedEx to have your Address Validation Service turned on. Check this section for how to get the Service turned ON.
1. Quick How-to.
2. Extension Manual URL Link Button.
|Notes for number 3:
1. You don’t have to set Show Debug Info in System > Settings > System in order to get the API response.
2. The API response is shown in System > Logs > Error Logs.
3. Please send us the API response via our support system so we can look into it to trace the issue. You will need to turn OFF the Debug API Response once the issue is fixed, otherwise the error log will grow large.
3. Debug API response: Turn ON if you want to get the API response for debugging purpose.
4. Test Mode: Use this module in Test (YES) or Production mode (NO).
5. Testing/Production Key: Insert your FedEx Testing/Production Key here.
6. Testing/Production Password: Insert your FedEx Testing/Production Password here.
7. Testing/Production Account Number: Insert the FedEx Account Number here.
8. Testing/Production Meter Number: Insert the FedEx Account Number here.
9. Select Drop Off Type: Select your desired International FedEx Shipping Service if you are selling worldwide.
-Regular Pickup – The shipper already has an every-day pickup scheduled with a courier.
-Request Courier – The shipper will call FedEx to ask for a courier.
-Drop Box – The shipper will drop the package in a FedEx drop box.
-Business Service Center – The shipper will drop off the package at an authorized FedEx business service center.
-Station – The shipper will drop off the package at a FedEx Station.
10. Packaging Type: Select your packaging type. You can refer for more information about the package options here for Metric locations or here for US or other non-metric locations.
11. Use Residential Rate As Default: Turn On if you want to use Residential Rate as the default instead of Commercial Rate on the view cart page and checkout page if Address Validation Service is not available.
12. Origin City: Enter the name of the origin city.
|Notes for number 13-14:
IF your originating address does NOT have a state or postcode leave the field blank. If you do use states or postcode you MUST input them.
13. Origin Zip/Postal Code: Enter your origin zip/postal code.
14. Origin State: Enter your (two/three letters) State code.
15. Origin Country: Enter your (two letters) Country code.
16. Select the HUB ID that was given to you by FedEx: Only if you are eligible to use SMART POST.
17. Turn ON if you want to use discount rates: It will use Your Account Rate and not Published Rate.
18. Test Your Connection: You can test if API credentials that you’ve entered are correct after you saved the credentials.
19. Domestic Services: Select your desired Domestic FedEx Shipping Services.
The Shipper Local Delivery feature doesn’t work with default Fast Checkout extension. You can use our Quick Checkout extension to let customer checkout faster. Refer here to know more about our Quick Checkout extension.
|Notes for number 20-22: If you are offering Local Delivery Services AND using more than one shipper you must enable Local Delivery Services on only ONE shipper. e.g. you offer FedEx, UPS and USPS, and also Local Delivery – you must enable Local Delivery on only ONE shipper: FedEx, UPS or USPS.
|Notes for AbanteCart v1.2.16 or higher: If you are using Default Local Delivery extension, then do not use FedEx Integration Local Delivery as it will show double Local Delivery services. You can choose to use FedEx Integration Local Delivery but do not use Default Local Delivery. Use only ONE Local Delivery service.
20. Enter Zip/Postal Code(s) eligible to use Local Delivery Service: Use commas(,) without space as the multi Zip/Postal code(s) separator, and no spaces within the Zip/Postal code(s). To define areas use asterisk (*) replacement – eg 351*,350*.
21. Local delivery fee: Enter the local delivery fee if you want to charge customer or leave blank if it is a free delivery.
22. Turn ON to show ONLY Local Delivery Services: Turn OFF if you want to show all shipping options including Local Delivery services.
23. Insert your desired text to be shown on cart page to let customers know about local delivery schedule or services: Insert your desired message.
|Notes for number 23 and number 25: If you are using more than ONE shipper and are offering any Free Shipping service, you must choose only ONE shipper for the Free Shipping. e.g. if using UPS, USPS and FedEx, Free Shipping can only be offered from one.
24. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free United States Shipping (If your location is in USA): Select the FedEx Services to be offered for free shipping.
25. International Services: Select your desired International FedEx Shipping Service if you are selling worldwide.
26. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free International Shipping: Select your desired International FedEx Shipping Services for the free shipping.
27. Display Weight: Do you want to display the shipping weight? (e.g. (Weight : 0.15lb) )
|Notes for number 28-30: Default is 5 x 5 x 5 which works for most business, You can input your normal size if different.
Also, input on a product page will be used for that individual product rate look up. (You need to input individual product size and turn on the Ship Product Individually flag on product page.)
|Important notes for number 28-30:
Leave the dims to default EXCEPT if you use a standard size box for ALL shipments. If the item is large or heavy it should be set it to individual shipping on the product page so the rate lookup is correct. Only individual shipped items use the dimensions of the product.
28. Dimensions Length(Optional): Insert your Box Length here.
29. Dimensions Width(Optional): Insert your Box Width here.
30. Dimensions Height(Optional): Insert your Box Height here.
31. Max Box Weight (Optional): Specifies the maximum box size. Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
32. Tax Class: Choose your Tax Class.
33. Location: Choose your Zone.
|Notes: You can use additional fee or additional weight or you can use both if desired.
34. Additional Fee Type: Choose the type that you want to use for the additional Fee. Fixed amount or Rate Percentage based.
35. Additional Fee: Insert your desired Additional Fee value that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The rate is $5.00, your fixed additional fee is $3.00, the rate shown to customer is $8. Or if you’re using the percentage instead of fixed rate, and it is 10% from the rate, the rate will be $5.5. To use either fixed or percentage based additional fee, just enter the digits without the % or currency symbol.
36. Additional Weight: Insert your desired Additional weight that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The weight is 0.26lb, your additional weight is 0.50, the weight will be 0.76lb and not shown to customer
37. Declared Value: Do you want to Declare Package Value? Yes(On) or No(Off)
38. Declared Value Nominal: Enter the minimum nominal that will be used to enable the Declared Value. (If you leave it blank, it will use USD $100 by default)
39. Estimate Message: Insert your desired text to be shown to customers to inform them that rate on cart page was using using residential/commercial address based rate and not actual, the actual rate will be shown on checkout page based on their address if the Address Validation Service is available.
Finally Click the Save button and Turn On the extension.