|Notes: For admins that use our shipper extension, You can use ShipEngine to create shipping label creation and order tracking only, you don’t have to use the lookup.
1. Quick How-to.
2. Extension Manual URL Link Button.
|Notes for number 3:
1. You do not have to set Show Debug Info in System > Settings > System in order to get the API response.
2. The API response is shown in System > Logs > Error Logs.
3. Please send us the API response via our support system so we can look into it to trace the issue. You will need to turn OFF the Debug API Response once the issue is fixed, otherwise the error log will grow large.
3. Debug API response: Turn ON if you want to get the API response for debugging purpose.
You will need to get an API key from ShipEngine. Refer here for how to obtain ShipEngine API key.
|Notes for number 4:
You can use Sandbox API key (available for US user only at the moment) for testing purpose. But all the API work is done for you with this integration. You need to use ShipEngine production API Key for customers charges, acquiring labels and adding tracking.
4. Sandbox/Production API Key: Enter the Sandbox API key you have obtained via Step 4 (US user only) or Production API Key via Step 8 from Obtain ShipEngine API Key section.
|Notes for number 5 – 11:
This information will be used as sender upon rate lookup, shipping label creation.
5. Shipper name: Enter your name.
6. Shipper address: Enter your address.
7. Shipper phone number: Enter your phone number.
8. Shipper City: Enter your city name.
9. Shipper Zip/Postal Code: Enter your origin zip/postal code.
10. Shipper State/Province: Enter your (two/three letters) State/Province code.
11. Shipper Country: Enter your (two letters) Country code.
12. Order Status: Select the order status.
|Important Notes for number 13: Complete tracking history varies by shipper, usually 90 or 120 days. We store the delivery status in order history if admins use ShipEngine tracking feature, but we only store the 1st and delivered notification.
13. Track order: Select Yes if you want to use ShipEngine Tracking API and automatically track order and your customer will be notified each time there is a change on the order status.
|Notes for number 13A – 13B: These fields are only shown if you enable Track order. We only send the first notification with tracking number and the delivered notification to your customer.
A. Send tracking number notification to customer: Turn ON if you want to let customer know their order tracking number. This is only used if you Turn ON Track order but did not use the Shipping label creation.
B. Enter the delivery status update comment: Enter the desired delivery status update comment that will be shown to customer. Please do not remove the [carrier_name], [description] and [tracking_number] from the message as it is used by the extension to change these into the correct information.
a. This is the [carrier_name].
b. This is the [description].
c. This is the [tracking_number].
|Notes for number 14: We validate the address upon checkout, your customer will be notified if they are using wrong address.
14. Validate address: Select Yes if you want to use ShipEngine Validate Address API.
15. Shipping label creation: Select Yes if you want to create shipping labels by using ShipEngine shipping label API.
|Notes for number 15A – 15G: These fields are only shown if you enable track order. We only send the first notification with tracking number and the delivered notification to your customer.
A. Use USPS paperless label: Turn ON if you want to use USPS paperless label. Click here for more information.
B. Select shipping label format: Select the desired shipping label format.
|Notes for 14C: This selection is available for PDF format only.
C. Select shipping label layout: Select the desired shipping label layout.
D. Enter the label image id: Enter the label image id (starts with img) that will be used in the shipping label.
E. Send notification to customer: Turn On if you want to let customer know their order is ready to ship.
F. Enter the order comment: Enter the desired order comment that will be shown to customer after shipping label creation. Please do not remove the [ship_date], [shipper] and [tracking_number] from the message as it is used by the extension to change these 3 into the correct information.
16. Rate lookup: Select Yes if you want to use ShipEngine rate lookup API.
|Notes for number 16A – 16Z: These fields are only shown if you enable rate lookup.
A. International shipping: Select Yes if you are doing international shipping.
|Important Notes: You need to add SKU to each product as it is used for Customs Form.
|Notes for number 16A.1 – 16A.7: These fields are only shown if you enable International shipping.
1. Calculate international duties/tax rate: Turn On if you want to use ShipEngine calculate duties/tax API.
2. Select package content type: Select the package content type that will be used if you are shipping internationally.
3. Select the action if the package is undelivered.
4. Select who is responsible for the tax: Select who is responsible to pay for the tax.
5. Select the tax identifier type.
6. Enter the tax identifier number.
7. Enter (two chars) ISO 3166 Alpha 2 country code that issued the tax identifier.
B. Test Your Connection: You can test if API credentials that you have entered are correct after you saved the credentials.
C. Select shippers: Select the shippers that are connected to your ShipEngine account.
D. Select shipper(s) service: Turn ON the shipper(s) service that you want to use.
|Notes: By default we use package if you select NONE as the package type.
E. Select package type.
F. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free Shipping: Please select what method when cart contains only items with free shipping.
G. If using a Free Shipping option within your cart select which service you are using for the Free International Shipping: Please select what method when cart contains only items with free international shipping.
|Notes: Not all shippers support Multi Package. Please refer here for the list of shippers that supports Multi Package.
H. Use multi package rates lookup: Turn ON if you want to use multi package rates lookup.
The Shipper Local Delivery feature doesn’t work with default Fast Checkout extension. You can use our Quick Checkout extension to let customer checkout faster. Refer here to know more about our Quick Checkout extension.
|Notes for number 16I – 16L: If you are offering Local Delivery Services AND using more than one shipper you must enable Local Delivery Services on only ONE shipper. e.g. you offer FedEx, UPS, and USPS, and also Local Delivery – you must enable Local Delivery on only ONE shipper: FedEx, UPS, or USPS.
|Notes for AbanteCart v1.2.16 or higher: If you are using Default Local Delivery extension, then do not use ShipEngine Integration Local Delivery as it will show double Local Delivery services. You can choose to use ShipEngine Integration Local Delivery but do not use Default Local Delivery. Use only ONE Local Delivery service.
I. Enter Zip/Postal Code(s) eligible to use Local Delivery Service: Use commas (,) without space as the multi Zip/Postal code(s) separator, and no spaces within the Zip/Postal code(s). To define areas, use asterisk (*) replacement – e.g. 351*,350*.
J. Local delivery fee: Enter the local delivery fee if you want to charge customer or leave blank if it is a free delivery.
K. Turn ON to show ONLY Local Delivery Services: Turn OFF if you want to show all shipping options including Local Delivery services.
L. Insert your desired text to be shown on cart page to let customers know about local delivery schedule or services: Insert your desired message.
M. Display Delivery Weight: Do you want to display the shipping weight? (e.g. Weight: 0.15lb).
|Notes for number 16N – 16P: We set a Default of 5 x 5 x 5 which works for most businesses. You can input your normal size if different.
Also, input on a product page will be used for that individual product rate look up. (You need to input individual product size and turn on the Ship Product Individually flag on product page.)
N. Dimensions Length (Optional): Insert your Box Length here.
O. Dimensions Width (Optional): Insert your Box Width here.
P. Dimensions Height (Optional): Insert your Box Height here.
Q. Max Box Weight (Optional): Specifies the maximum box size (just the number). Once the maximum weight is met, the system will calculate shipping for 2(or more) boxes.
R. Tax Class: Choose your Tax Class. The tax is shown in a separate line on invoice.
S. Location: Choose your Zone. Please refer to our F.A.Q about how to manage the shipping location.
T. Additional Fee Type: Choose the type that you want to use for the additional Fee. Fixed amount or Rate Percentage based.
U. Additional Fee: Insert your desired Additional Fee value that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The rate is $5.00, your fixed additional fee is $3.00, the rate shown to customer is $8. Or if you are using the percentage instead of fixed rate, and it is 10% from the rate, the rate will be $5.5. To use either fixed or percentage based additional fee, just enter the digits without the % or currency symbol.
V. Additional Weight: Insert your desired additional weight that you want to charge to your customer.
e.g. The weight is 0.26., lb and your additional weight is 0.50 lb., the weight rate will be 0.76 lb. And if showing shipping wt. in cart 0.26 lb. is shown to customer.
W. Select Insurance Provider: Select the Insurance provider that will be used. Click here for more information about Insurance.
X. Declared Insurance Nominal: Enter the minimum nominal that will be used to enable the Declared Insurance Value. (If you leave it blank, it will use $100 by default).
Y. Select Delivery Confirmation Type: Select the Delivery Confirmation type that will be used.
Z. Estimate message: Insert your desired text to be shown to customers to inform them that rate on cart page was using estimation rate and not actual, the actual rate will be shown on checkout page based on their address.