TaxJar Integration helps you calculate tax rates by using TaxJar service, also transmits the order to TaxJar for filing returns and accumulating sales to determine if Nexus has been reached.
• Tax rate calculation.
• Transmit orders to TaxJar Service.
• Customer tax exempt.
AbanteCart v1.2.16 use TaxJar Integration extension v1.2.16. Tested up to PHP 7.4.
AbanteCart v1.2.15 use TaxJar Integration extension v1.2.15.
|Notes: If you are using AbantCart version prior to 1.2.15 and want to add TaxJar, contact us first.|
• The tax rate calculation is made only when customer arrives at checkout/confirm or checkout/guest_step_3, default Fast Checkout (AbanteCart v1.2.16) and our Quick Checkout page to reduce the number of API calls. Recalculation will be done if customer adds a new product, updates the current product quantity or changes the zip code.
• You need to disable standard taxes. Check System -> Localization -> Tax Class.
• Subtotal calculation should precede TaxJar Integration Total calculation order. Check this in extensions total settings.
• You need to turn OFF System -> Settings -> Checkout -> Display Prices with Tax.
• You need to turn OFF Tax class in shipping extensions.
|Recommendation: Use our Sales By State Report. It is an ideal way to keep track of your potential economic nexus by Remote or Online Sellers. Economic nexus does have thresholds that trigger your requirement to collect and remit taxes.|
1. Starting with extension v1.2.15 we have adopted a license key for all our extensions. Your extension will only work if you have a validated license key entered for the location where your extension is installed. Refer to here for more details on how license keys work.
2. AbanteCart v1.2.14 is extremely problematic. Install Patch files or better to update to 1.2.15.