TaxJar Integration helps you calculate tax rates by using TaxJar service, also transmits the order to TaxJar for filing returns and accumulating sales to determine if Nexus has been reached.
• Tax rate calculation.
• Transmit orders to TaxJar Service.
• Customer tax exempt.
AbanteCart v1.2.6 – v1.2.15 use TaxJar Integration extension v1.2.15.
• The tax rate calculation is made only when customer arrives at checkout/confirm or checkout/guest_step_3 page to reduce the number of API calls. Recalculation will be done if customer adds a new product, updates the current product quantity or changes the zip code.
• You need to disable standard taxes. Check System -> Localization -> Tax Class.
• Subtotal calculation should precede TaxJat Integration Total calculation order. Check this in extensions total settings.
• You need to turn OFF System -> Settings -> Checkout -> Display Prices with Tax.
• You need to turn OFF Tax class in shipping extensions.
Recommendation: Use our Sales By State Report. It is an ideal way to keep track of your potential economic nexus by Remote or Online Sellers. Economic nexus does have thresholds that trigger your requirement to collect and remit taxes.
1. Starting with extension v1.2.15 we have adopted a license key for all our extensions. Your extension will only work if you have a validated license key entered for the location where your extension is installed. Refer to here for more details on how license keys work.
2. In our opinion AbanteCart v1.2.14 is extremely problematic and requires a large number of patch files to work correctly. Our recommendation is to upgrade v1.2.14 to AbanteCart v1.2.15.
This extension v1.2.15 is tested to work with AbanteCart v1.2.15. It may work with AbanteCart v1.2.14 if all the patch files have been updated but we don’t recommend you using AbanteCart v1.2.14.