Once you have installed the integration you will see this page – or find it in your Admin Panel Extensions > TaxJar integration, select the Edit link on the far right side.
1. Turn ON to use the extension.
|Important Notes: If you already have an account in our support system and you are using multiple WHY2 extensions, you do NOT need to create another account in the support system.
2. Enter your WHY2 license code. Refer to How to obtain license code section for more information.
3. Sandbox Mode: Turn ON to use sandbox mode. This mode is only available for TaxJar PLUS account.
4. Sandbox API Token: Enter the sandbox API Token that was provided by TaxJar. This is only available for TaxJar Plus account. Sandbox mode must be turned ON prior using the mode.
5. API Token: Enter the Live API Token that was provided by TaxJar.
6. Tax Name: Enter the desired tax name (label name) to be shown to the customer in the totals section.
7. Street Address: Enter your street address.
8. City: Enter your City name.
9. State Code: Enter your (two letters) State code.
10. ZIP/Postal code: Enter your ZIP/Postal Code.
11. Country Code: Enter your (two letters) Country code.
12. Enable TaxJar tax calculations: If enabled, the extension will calculate all sales tax for your store.
|Important notes: No 13-15 will be shown only if you turned ON Enable TaxJar tax calculations and after you SAVE the settings, the extension will download the nexus addresses that you have set in TaxJar dashboard, and generate fallback tax rate field for each of nexus address. The fallback tax rate will be used to calculate tax rate in every other page than checkout/confirm or checkout/guest_step_3, default Fast Checkout (AbanteCart v1.2.16) and our Quick Checkout page.
13. Sync Nexus Addresses: Click this to sync TaxJar Nexus addresses into your cart. You only need to click this if you add new or remove Nexus address and wait for about 5 minutes after adding the new or remove Nexus address.
14. Manage Nexus Locations: Click this to go to TaxJar Nexus addresses management.
15. Fallback tax rate for (state code): This field is generated according to your Nexus address(es). So if you have 2 Nexus address, then it will show 2 fields. And this field value will be used as the fallback tax rate calculation for checkout/cart page.
16. Enable export orders to TaxJar: If enabled, the extension will export your orders to TaxJar for reporting.
|Important notes: No 17-22 will be shown only if you enable export orders to TaxJar and after you SAVE the settings.
17. Transmit order to TaxJar: If turned ON, the order will be transmitted at specified order status.
18. Transmit on order status: If the order status is the same as this order status, the order will be transmitted to TaxJar.
19. Delete TaxJar order: If turned ON, the order will be deleted at specified order status.
20. Delete on order status: If the order status is the same as this order status, the order on TaxJar will be deleted.
21. Refund TaxJar order: If turned ON, the order will set to refund at specified order status.
22. Refund on order status: If the order status is the same as this order status, the order on TaxJar will set to refund.
23. Debug API response: Turn ON if you want to get the API response for debugging purpose. The API response will be written to System -> Logs -> Error Logs.
24. Run Order: Leave it blank if you don’t want to set the sort order.
25. Test Connection: Click this button to test if the API Token is set correctly and able to connect to TaxJar. You need to enter the required fields prior testing the connection.
26. SAVE – do this prior to testing.
27. Click this to remove your current settings.
|Important notes: In order to have your order transmitted to TaxJar when you update the order status via the order grid, you have to make sure that the order status is the same with your settings.